Saturday, November 30, 2013

So it seems my biggest issue with blogging right now is that I don't know HTML and cannot make this blog mine.  Voice for the Voiceless will primarily be a blog about animals, sheltering and occasionally some personal stores such as the Thanksgiving performance.  But I have no idea how to make it look like that as I never took web design. Any suggestions?

My other blogging issue is that when I blogged before, I put A LOT of pressure on myself to blog regularly so it became more of a job than a hobby, so I am going to try to avoid that stress this time around.  If I have a story to tell, I want to tell it.  If I don't have a story, I don't want to blog to say "Hey, nothing happened today!" 

This blog has changed names and substance off and on for years (apparently I can only have one passion at a time).  It started out as knitting, moved to church, progressed to weight loss (I probably need a new one on weight gain) and now we move to animals.

The thing of it is that animals have always been my passion. As a young child, I was annoyed by Barbie and her friends of preppy, skinny perfection.  I did, however, collect stuffed animals.  Dogs were my favorite, but I also had cats, a beaver, an otter, dolphins and orcas, a large horse, and others too numerous to mention.  When we had to create a journal in the 6th grade, I traced a dog on the cover of mine and it was all about our Cocker Spaniel, Cindy.  I collected the Beyer horses and had the stable. My favorite books of choice were dog stories, The Black Stallion series and other animal related stories. 

In 2003, I enrolled in the Veterinary Assistant course at the local college and finished with a B.  Finally, I am in a dream job at an animal shelter and hope to never have to work in any other field again.  I will never get rich in money working there, but it has made me rich in so many other ways.  I love working with fearful dogs to help them gain confidence and eventually go home.  I love connecting with other animal people in my community because I feel we are all in this together.  I love going to work and when I am off work, I am checking our Facebook page, networking or something.

So, in a nutshell, that is where this is all heading,  Hopefully, I will continue but if someone can help me feel more at home here, that would be very appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment